Saturday, October 18, 2008

Palin Might Be Funny Also

Oops...wrong Palin!

Part of me worries that Sarah Palin's appearance on SNL tonight will help her in the polls. After all, as Mike's blog points out, Lorne Michaels may be a McCain supporter. We have all been commenting on the power of humor in this election. Sarah Palin, considering her poor relationship with the media, could really benefit from a strong performance tonight. If she is able to come across as self-deprecating and lighthearted, then she could see a bump in the polls. I hope not. Makes me think of Janet Reno's cameo on SNL--funny, but not enough for me to forgive her for Ruby Ridge and Waco. Sometimes funny is not enough.

1 comment:

KC said...

You're right that funny is not enough. At best, it is a distraction from the reality. We want our candidates to be human, and humor is a great way to demonstrate that. However, ultimately, we want them to be capable. I loved this clip, by the way.