Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Pirates Life For Me!

I've been having a tough time over the past few weeks attempting to gather campaign information from the Internet. I sometimes get the feeling that I've been reading the same thing over and over and none of it sinks in.

So...I now find myself at Disney World in Orlando. There is no worse place to go when one is suffering from information overload. Yesterday, for instance, my brain, in need of normal and acceptable information, began to see the pirates on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride as real. I laughed at their jokes and wanted to join them on their tour of carnage. Yes, I thought, I do want to race through this town you have pillaged and drink a huge amount of rum! I struggled against the lap restraint.

I have recently taken to attempting to focus my campaign watching to a few choice sources. I find that Fox yields a more user friendly Republican perspective than Townhall.com. I still check Townhall to make sure that they haven't scooped any of the other websites with a story that will blow Obama right out of the election. They have not yet broken the story that will insure Obama loses the election. They'll keep trying.

I also look to the websites of CBS, The Washington Post and the Huffington Report for non-bias network and newspaper news and clearly bias web news. Huffington is a good source of campaign information, but it is also a biased source of information. I don't think anyone could dispute that. CBS and the Washington Post represent, to me anyway, relatively non-biased news sources.

Happier now, I would have to say that I believe that I am getting a better grip on the abundance of information on the web. I shop for more specific information and worry less about missing something important coming unanticipated from some smaller website. This is good. And if I can resist jumping off the boat and joining the make believe pirates, I may yet stay out of the notorious underground Disney gulag. "Yo ho ho..."

No comments: